- James Dresnok, last US soldier to defect to N Korea, dies
James Dresnok was believed to be the last living US soldier to defect, crossing the DMZ in 1962.
- US Navy orders fleet investigation after collision
The inquiry will look at "all related accidents at sea", US Defence Secretary James Mattis says.
- University of Texas removes four Confederate statues
The monuments are symbols of "modern white supremacy and neo-Nazism", the school's president says.
- 'It's shocking'
The display of Nazi symbols is illegal in Germany – so how do Germans respond to Charlottesville?
- How to tell if your eclipse glasses are safe
How tell if your solar eclipse glasses are safe – according to Nasa scientists.
- Jerry Lewis: Will his infamous 'lost' film ever be seen?
Twitter users hope The Day the Clown Cried may be released in the wake of the comic's death.
- US-South Korea hold military drills amid tension
Pyongyang has already lashed out at the annual drills, saying they were "adding fuel to the fire".
- Lost WW2 warship USS Indianapolis found after 72 years
The warship's sinking, weeks before WW2's end, remains the worst US naval loss at sea in history.
- US Navy ship: sleeping area and communication equipment damaged
The guided missile destroyer USS John S McCain was sailing east of Singapore when a collision with a Liberian-flagged tanker occurred.
- Joss Whedon's ex-wife says he had 'multiple affairs' and questions his feminist ideals
Kai Cole, the Avengers director's ex-wife, says he "never conceded the hypocrisy of… preaching feminist ideals".
A mix of clouds and sun. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 85F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
High 85° / Low 74°
Partly cloudy skies. High around 90F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
High 90° / Low 76°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Mostly cloudy skies during the morning hours followed by thunderstorms in the afternoon. High around 85F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
High 85° / Low 64°
- Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Byron Buxton, Blake Snell making up for lost time
You may have been too quick to write off these five red-hot players, but it's not too late to add them to your Fantasy team.
- Anquan Boldin had an amazing NFL career, but not Hall of Fame amazing
A backlog of worthy receivers and lack of dominance may keep Boldin out, at least for a while
- 2017 ACC predicted order of finish, champ, overrated and underrated, bold predictions
Taking a close, detailed and opinionated look at the ACC a week before the start of the 2017 season
- ACC fresh faces: Five freshmen who have the potential to breakout in 2017
There are new names to learn every season, and here are five to keep an eye on from the ACC
- 2017 ACC season previews: What to know about each team in 140 characters or less
The champs defend without Watson, and Florida State's hopes are sky high
- Roger Goodell reportedly close to five-year extension that runs through 2024
The commissioner's current deal runs through 2019
- Luke Kuechly, the perfect linebacker for today's NFL, hasn't changed a thing
The Panthers star says his concussion issues are behind him and that he knows only one way to play
- Little League World Series history is made with back-to-back no-hitters
One of the two no-hitters was a perfect game by the team from North Carolina
- 2017-18 team-by-team NHL season outlook: Previewing the New Jersey Devils
Devils are still in rebuilding mode, but they have reason for hope thanks to young additions
- Le'Veon Bell reportedly won't join Steelers until after third preseason game
One of the Steelers best players continues to hold out